When you use our website, we add cookies to your device to:
- make sure the website works well for you – for example, remembering whether you want to see content for locations, volunteering or our projects
- find out how you’re using our website so we can improve it
By using our website, we assume you agree to us adding cookies to your device. If you want to disable, block or remove cookies, you can do this at any time.
Remove or disable cookies
If you disable all cookies you:
- won’t be able to fill in forms on our website
- might not be able to use webchat or see content from other companies like Youtube videos or Google feedback forms
- won’t be able to log in – if you work or volunteer for Citizens Advice Wirral
To block cookies, you should change the settings in your web browser. You can also delete cookies that have already been set. Click on ‘Help’ in your web browser and search for ‘cookies’.
Cookies from Google Analytics or Mouseflow tell us how you’re using our site. You can opt out if you don’t want these cookies added to your device.
Making our website work well
We add cookies to your device so you have a good experience when you use our website – for example:
- remembering your preferences
- stopping the cookie notice showing all the time
- making our online forms work
Stopping the cookie notice showing
This cookie stops the pop-up message about cookies showing on every page you visit – instead, it’s only shown on the first 3 pages or until you close it.
|Cookie name||How long it’s kept on your device|
Making our online forms work
These cookies make our online forms work. They’re put onto your device whether you use a form or not.
|Cookie name||What it’s used for||How long it’s kept on your device|
|AWSELB||If you fill in a form on our website, this cookie makes sure the information is remembered so that it works when you submit it.||5 minutes|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||If you fill in a form on our website, this cookie makes sure the details you enter stay in the form while you’re filling it in.||Until you leave our website by closing your browser|
|__AntiXsrfToken||This cookie makes sure form submissions on the website are from genuine users and aren’t malicious.||Until you leave our website by closing your browser|
Cookies other companies add to your device
If you use tools or services on our website that are delivered by other organisations, they might put cookies on your device when you use it.
The tools and services we have on our website from other organisations are:
Finding out how you use our website
We use tools called Google Analytics to help us understand how you’re using our website.
They collect information by putting cookies on your device. They share that data with us and we use it to improve our website – for example, making popular pages easier to find.
Google Analytics collects information about:
- which links you click on
- your browser, device and operating system
- the language you’re using
- your screen’s resolution
- the length of time you’re on our website
- your ISP and approximate ISP Location (City, Region, Country)
- how you got to our website
The data collected through cookies is all anonymous – you can’t be identified by it.
We store the information for 12 months and then delete it.
This cookies policy only covers citizensadvicewirral.org.uk and its subdomains. Websites we link to should have their own cookies policy.