Following government guidance we are unable to offer any face-to-face appointments. But we are able now to offer video appointments.
This is where you are able to speak to a caseworker or adviser using a video camera on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
A link will be sent to your email address with a date and time for your appointment that will take you straight through to speak to your caseworker or adviser.
What you need for a video appointment:
- A smartphone, tablet or computer that allows you to video call – a webcam is built into most new devices*.
- An internet connection – this can be WiFi or Cellular (3G/4G) – please be aware of extra charges if using cellular data
- A quiet, well-lit space so the adviser/caseworker can see and hear you clearly
*If you don’t have a suitable smartphone, tablet or computer we may be able to provide a device on a temporary basis to allow you to access this service. Please ask for more details when you call
What happens during your video appointment:
A video appointment is very similar to a face-to-face appointment, ensuring you get the same quality of advice.
The adviser/caseworker will ask you questions about your circumstances and deliver information and advice. You can also ask any questions that you may have.
It may be good to write down some important information if you can, however any notes will be added to your record after the video appointment.
The adviser/caseworker can advise or refer you to other services just as they would during a face-to-face appointment.
If for any reason the video appointment does not work or connect, such as poor signal/broadband, then the adviser/caseworker will try a phone call instead to ensure you do not lose the appointment. If this is not possible, you will be able to rebook the appointment.
Step by step:
- You contact Ask Us Wirral
- An adviser can help you over the phone or book you in for a video appointment
- The adviser will inform you of the appointment details (time and date).
- The week of your appointment you will receive details of how to access your appointment.
- You will receive an email with a link to access your video appointment. All appointments will be via Zoom apart from debt appointments that will be via Attend Anywhere.
- Click the link and you will be automatically redirected to your video appointment.
- Ensure you enable your webcam and microphone – you will be prompted to do so if they are not already enabled.
- Meet your Adviser for your appointment.
Benefits of using Video appointments
- It is really easy to use – you do not need any prior knowledge or IT skills
- It is free* – there is no extra cost to you
- Your Adviser can screenshare – this is great for form filling appointments and benefit calculations
- No time limits – this ensures we are able to complete your appointment and ensure we can help with everything you need from us
- Easy links to follow – you do not need to download any apps or software
- Anyone with an email address and webcam can access
- Get to (virtually) meet your adviser/caseworker
- Able to organise group calls and one-to-one meetings
*providing you are using a WiFi connection and not cellular (3G/4G) data
How have our current clients found video appointments:
“The video meetings have taught me how to use a video call app which I now use to keep in touch with family”
“It’s good to see people over the screen and have that support and know you are not alone at this time.”
“I really like the video call appointments that we have because it makes me feel less isolated and I find it easier talking about my issues when I can see someone’s face.”